Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Review: Holika Holika Sea Stem Cover Balm

Posted by Ayni Tera at 4:10 PM
Hello! it's been very hot in Indonesia, for warm body creature like me, it's kinda torture me. Sweat everyday and i have to bath often to refresh myself. When in dry and hot season like this, i love make myself busy with assignments and job, always success make me ignore those hot air. But, i'm on holiday now after National Exam and off course it's killing me TTATT please somebody find me a job!!

OK, today's review it's about the balm which recently i crave about : Holika Holika Sea stem Cover Balm!


Pore Sea Stem Cover Balm provides coral extract, it prevents pores from getting enlarged and controls excessive secretion of sebum

Holika Holika Sea Stem Cover balm is the product from sea stem range, which help to hydrate skin while in summer. It  uses coral reefs extract which has a natural compound that acts as a sunscreen. the coral reefs protects the skin from the heat of the sun by lowering skin temperature as heat of the sun can enlarge pores ( higher sebum secretion ) and damage skin. It also helps balances the sebum and moisture content of the skin and contains abundance of minerals beneficial for the skin. This line also contain deep sea water which rich in minerals to deep-hydrate your skin as well.




For the packaging, I like it!! it's simple and not so magical like another Holika Holika packaging. I thought it was very cute with blue marine theme^^. The packaging made from sturdy plastic and make the product save. It's also not bulky and lightweight so you can travel with on your purse.

For combination type skin, we must be have problem like enlarged pores and acne scar. No matter how much bb cream and concealer that you slap in, those enemies still visible, and the worst among all, the product highlight your pores and scars. And the only product to defeat the flaws is primer or cover balm, so that's why i bought this product. This product costs for IDR 95.000 or below $10.

Ingredients: Purified Water, Coral, Sea Water, Algae Extract, and Sea Grape Extract


As you can saw from post title, it's balm type. You just need a little of product to conceal your pores away. It also contain silicon, and there is a risk that your pore will clogged. So you can't used it everyday. On my research in internet, to wash the silicon away, you must give the skin a few days (minimum 2 days) without makeup so your skin can clean itself

How to apply: Take the right amount and spread it out on widened pores and rough parts.

Swatch
Blended
The balm it's easy to spread and blend also the coverage is not buildable, you don't have to worried it will build some excess product. When it blended, it will become transparent and become one with your skintone, unlike tinted primer or balm that will make you like wearing a mask. If you want more coverage, wait a few second to set and apply BB cream or foundation on top of it.


See the difference? my skin look smoother and it's ready to makeup. Usually i applied it on my T-zone, forehead and cheeks since it have visible acne scars.

Before
 Pardon my nasty pores and flaky nose (i have those because i love to squeze the blackhead on my nose) > w <

After
 After the application my pores look better, although it can't conceal my flaky skin lol

I used it several times and i can say that this product work really well! the coverage is quite good and the oil control is so-so, after 3 - 4 hours you need to blot the oil on T-zone. It keep my oil at bay and it's also soothes my skin, yet feel hydrated. Moreover, it have sunscreen too. I find it blend well with my skin and don't make some blotch when it blended with BB cream. Suites all skin type.

Packaging:
3.5 out of 5
 




Cute and simple

 Formula:
4.5 out of 5





Nice coverage, and blend with the skin well.

Texture:
5 out of 5
   
  



 Smooth balm and easy to blend.

Overall:
4 out of 5





I love this product! it hydrates the skin, conceal flaws and cheap, all in one product. I think it will last for a long time.

Repurchase? nope, will try Tony Moly silky smooth egg pore balm. It will be an alternative for you who wants cheap and good pore balm. 

2 comments:

Hey Tarra said...

haloo kalau boleh tau belinya dimana ya? makasih :)

kevinalexx said...

Very informative post. I was looking for information about this topic and this post really helped me a lot. Thanks for sharing.

raw hair
indian human hair
bulk indian hair

Post a Comment

 

Owl's House Copyright © 2011 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template | web hosting

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... Cute Pink Bow Tie Pointer